By tfnow on December 31, 2016
The New Year is here and though this past year we lost(read here) many of our loved celebrities like Zsa Zsa Gabor, Debbie Reynolds, George Michael and Prince among others, the year ahead in 2017 doesn’t have to be gloomy.
As we get ready to toast to a new fashion year, here are seventeen quotes to get you in the mood. Regardless of your definition of change, freedom or individuality, these fashion quotes can lift you up. Cheers to a new fashion year ahead and Happy New Year.
1. “VOGUE is a fashion magazine, and a fashion magazine is about change.” – Anna Wintour
2. “The little black dress expresses a moment of freedom and individuality every time.” – Andre Leon Talley
3. “If I’d observed all the rules, I’d never have got anywhere.” – Marilyn Monroe
4. “Attitude is everything.” – Diane von Furstenberg
5. “What I love best in life is new starts.” – Karl Lagerfeld
6. “Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music.” – Michael Kors
7. “Big girls need big diamonds.” – Elizabeth Taylor
8. “The joy of dressing is an art.” – John Galliano
9. “I work very hard and I’m worth every cent.” – Naomi Campbell
10. “Fashion is a great thing, it’s a way to express who you are.” – Zendaya
11. “Happy girls are the prettiest.” – Audrey Hepburn
12. “Every day is a fashion show and the world is your runway.” – Coco Chanel
13. “Fashion is a weapon that you can use when you need it.” – Donatella Versace
14. “Glamour never takes a day off.” – Iman
15. “Believe in yourself and be prepared to work hard.” – Stella McCartney
16. “You can be an absolute woman and also be smart and tough and not lose your femininity.” – Priyanka Chopra
17. “Always have fun with fashion, dress to entertain yourself.” – Betsey Johnson
By tfnow on December 30, 2016New Years Eve is here and there’s a party almost everywhere this season and we especially love the ones that celebrate a toast to the New Year. We’ve listed our favorite womenswear looks HERE but we haven’t forgotten the menswear. For men, there are three basic categories by which we could describe these looks; Classic, Functional or Fun
By tfnow on December 30, 2016With the start of a new year it is important to reflect back on the prior year, assess what went well, what didn’t and decide where you want to go next. It takes a lot of mental toughness, self-love, and discipline to create the life you want. Simply coasting along on cruise control reacting to life can lead to victim mentality and stagnation. Dr. Sanam Hafeez PsyD, a NYC based licensed clinical psychologist, teaching faculty member at the prestigious Columbia University Teacher’s College and the founder and Clinical Director of Comprehensive Consultation Psychological Services shares some key ways to get mentally fit for the new year so you can move forward successfully.
By tfnow on December 30, 2016It's New Years Eve 2016 and time to celebrate the end of a year and toast to the beginning of new hopes and dreams, so why not do it in style. This is the time of year to bring out the sparkle and gold with everything you're wearing to step out in style.
By tfnow on December 29, 2016Celebrities have always influenced fashion and always will and the year 2016 lost many celebrities who has certainly impacted fashion. Whether it's Carrie Fisher for her iconic hairdo as Princess Leia or George Michael's Freedom! '90 music video starring, supermodels Naomi Campbell, Cindy Crawford, Linda Evangelista and Christy Thurlington.
By tfnow on December 29, 2016Debbie Reynolds, perhaps one of the last glamour actresses from the golden age of Hollywood era has died. She passed away one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher, another iconic actress known for her role as Princess Leia of the Star Wars trilogy also passed.
By tfnow on December 23, 2016You only have one chance to make a first impression—and let’s just say, we are impressed! butter LONDON, the official makeup sponsor of Project Runway Junior® Season 2, has partnered with the talented teens and tweens of the hit reality show for the highly-anticipated season premiere.
By tfnow on December 18, 2016Zsa Zsa Gabor, one of Hollywood's glamour actresses of the 1940's and 50's era has died. She was born in 1917 in Budapest, Hungary and began her stage career as Miss Hungary in Vienna in 1936. She starred in films such as Moulin Rouge(1952), Lovely To Look At(1952) and Queen of Outer Space(1958), among others.