April is Autism Awareness month and we decided to highlight some blue fashion inspirations in support of this cause. Blue is the official color used by many organisations in the US and around the world who supports this cause. We know you love fashion too and with spring in the air, we think you’ll enjoy our spring 2014 picks while learning about autism.
- Autism is also known as ‘ASD’ or ‘Autism Spectrum Disorder.’
- Autism is almost five times more common among boys (1 in 42) than among girls (1 in 189).
- It is more likely to occur in children born to older parents.
- This disorder is reported to occur in all racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic groups.
- Children on average are usually identified diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder until after age 4, though they can usually be diagnosed as early as age 2.